Want an easy peasy way to get a few fruits and veggies in at the start of your day?
Have a nutritious green smoothie!
This is delicious… full omega 3’s, protein and anti inflammatory ingredients like fresh ginger!
If you don’t have kale on hand, feel free to substitute spinach or any other leafy green.
I promise that you cannot taste it. This is a glorious way to start your day, or have a light lunch or have as a delicious midday pick me up.
Chock full of nutrients like calcium, protein ( believe it or not, kale is loaded!), vitamins and minerals, it will energize you the whole day.Print
Want to start your day feeling energized and healthy? Make this smoothie! Naturally energizing, with plant proteins and plenty of calcium and potassium, it’s a really great thing to do for your bod. This is loaded full of omega 3’s thanks to the flax too!
- Generous cup, handful of chopped kale without the vein
- 1/8 of a whole lemon
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 2 pitted medjool dates, if desired for more sweetness
- Thumb sized piece of peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 cup non dairy milk ( I like 365 unsweetened soy milk)
- About 5 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients into high speed blender.
- Blend on high for a few minutes until completely blended.
- Taste for sweetness preference. Add sweetener if preferred.
- Pour into tall glass and enjoy.