This dessert is quick and easy, made with just a few ingredients. It satisfies your sweet tooth but tastes rich, creamy and delicious! It is one of my favorite things to eat really any time of day!
- 2 cups nondairy milk (I like unsweetened soy vanilla 365 brand or Unsweetened organic chocolate almond milk)
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder ( I use Healthworks brand)
- 1/3 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of Celtic Salt
- 1 tablespoon cinammon
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup ( or sub 1/2 cup soft dates with pits removed)
- 1/4 cup almond or nut butter
- Optional Toppings:
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mini dark chocolate chips, dairy free
- non dairy whipped cream like Tru Whip
- Blend in high speed blender the chia seeds on low/medium speed for couple minutes until pulverized
- Add all of the ingredients above into the blender.
- Blend on high until completely smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into 2 or 3 glasses and chill until cold and set, about an hour. You can eat it at this stage if desired but it will be best if cold and more set.
- Top with desired toppings.