This hearty salad is both healthy and satisfying. Low in fat and high in protein and fiber, it is sure to please!
- *Guacamole (recipe below)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 15oz size can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- *2 cups organic brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup corn (fire roasted if possible or canned)
- 3 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cilantro plus more for garnish
- salsa of your choice
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1 package of Beyond Meat beefy crumbles, feisty flavor
- Hemp Ranch dressing:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- Make the Hemp Ranch dressing:
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until completely emulsified, Pour into glass jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the Guacamole:
- Combine 1 diced roma tomato (remove the seeds) with 1/2 cup diced red onion, the juice of 1 lime, 3 tablespoons of cilantro with 2 avocados, chopped finely. Taste for seasoning and set aside and refrigerate in covered container until ready to use.
- Make the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Chop the pepper, romaine lettuce.
- Combine the black beans with the cumin and chili and heat in microwave.
- Heat the Beyond Meat beefy crumbles if using.
- Heat the corn in the microwave.
- Make the salad:
- Layer the greens, rice, bean, beefy crumbles and corn.
- Top with the desired peppers, olives and guacamole. Add desired ranch dressing.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mexican