Don’t you just love summer? It’s my favorite season of the year- warm and sunny and the days are longer. Even though my kids have a hectic sports schedule in the summer, we try to find time to relax and enjoy summer as a family. I also love all the summer fruits and veggies! This quinoa salad uses many of my favorites including- fresh cherry tomatoes, corn and avocado-yum! I am also a HUGE fan of avocados.
Not only do they taste great but they are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, potassium, and many vitamins including vitamins K, C, B5, B6, E and Folate! What’s not to love?! Extra bonus is that this salad is super easy to make and is a real crowd pleaser 🙂
This quinoa corn avocado salad can be eaten as a side or main dish and keeps well for leftovers the next day if you have any which we normally don’t! Even though I typically make this salad in the summer, it can easily be made any time of the year just frozen corn for fresh. It’s always delicious!!
If you try this salad, please let me know what you think!
Here’s to your health and happiness:)
This quinoa avocado corn salad is super easy to make, nutritious and super yummy! My whole family loves this summer favorite.
- 1 lime
- 1–2 ears of fresh corn (or 1.5 cups frozen corn)
- 1.5–2 cups of quinoa (I use Seeds of Change quinoa, brown & red rice)
- 1 avocado
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- If using fresh corn, boil salted water. Husk corn and pull off silky threads. Drop corn into boiling water, cover the pot and turn off the heat. After about 5 minutes, the corn should be cooked. Drain the water and return corn to pot until ready to use.
- Remove zest from the lime and add to bowl. Squeeze the juice from same lime and add to the zest in the bowl.
- Cut up the tomatoes and add to bowl along with finely diced onion.
- Warm up the quinoa if using Seeds of Change (cooks in 90 seconds in microwave) or feel free to cook other type of quinoa according to package instructions. Add to same bowl.
- Cut off the fresh corn from the cob(s) and add to the bowl or if using frozen corn make sure to thaw completely.
- Cut up a fresh avocado and add to the salad and mix well.
- Cut up the fresh cilantro and mix in right before serving. Feel free to add salt and pepper if desired. Best when served fresh but will be good for leftovers the next day.
This tasty salad is loaded with fiber, protein, and many vitamins. It highlights summer staples such as cherry tomatoes and corn on the cob! We eat this salad as a side but can be eaten as a main dish as well.
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: vegan salad